New Rules: Any child may say their verses to you, not just children from your club or room.
Our goal is to have books completed by May 1. Clubbers need to do sections in order, but they may work at their own pace. Yes, even T&T and Cubbies may work ahead of the schedule.
Using FaceTime or Google Duo (video call)
1. The parent should notify you that their child wants to recite their section to you. You can work out with the parent what method, when, and who will initiate the call. Remind them you will need pictures of their child’s section before the call--specify text or email.
2. The clubber/parent should send you pictures of the page/s you need.
- For Cubbies, this is only the last page of the Bear Hug, the one with the memory work and signature lines on it.
- For Sparks, this does not mean the ENTIRE section if it is multiple pages, but just the page with the memory work and leader signature line on it.
- For T&T, this includes all pages of the Explore (homework) part (If they want credit for it) and the page with the memory work/leader signature box on it.
3. If you’re using a phone you won’t be able to see them and page/s they sent you at the same time, so you may want to print the page/s with the memory work before the call or have the verses opened in an NIV84 version Bible. If you’re on a computer this may not be necessary.
4. During the call, just listen as you normally would. You can give them some crazy code to write on the signature line if you wish (for fun) or have their parent sign...or both! Just please don’t have them sign their own section. (Don’t want them getting any ideas.) At the end, ask if they have one thing you could pray about for them, and consider closing your time with them in a brief prayer. Encourage them to work on more sections with their parent/s for next week.
5. When you’re done, please remember to report their sections using the Section Report Form.
Using Marco Polo
Marco Polo is similar to a walkie talkie but with video. The nice thing about Marco Polo is the clubber can send you video of them reciting their section whenever they want. You can watch their video and respond when you are available. If you have very limited data, you may not want to use Marco Polo as it can be a data hog.
Procedure will be the same as above except:
4. Watch the video message they sent and reply with a video message.
Don’t forget to report their sections with the Section Report Form.