Here's a brief outline of how ministry is continuing at FBBC.
WEDNESDAY FASTING: As our first action step, we are encouraging all the church to fast and pray every Wednesday during lunch. Ask the Lord to stop the spread of this virus, to protect all those affected by it, to strengthen the church, and to make His glory known throughout the city.
Parking Lot Service: 10:15 am, please arrive early (definitely before 10:00 am if you're going to sit in lawn chairs). When you arrive on our campus, parking lot attendees will guide you where to park or to sit.
- If you are going to watch from lawn chairs (please bring your own from home), you will need to park in the northwest corner of the lot, and then then the attendants will lead you to spots in front of the main entrance of the building.
- If you are going to watch from your car, the attendants will direct you to a space. The choice of whether you remain in your car or sit outside remains up to you. If you are at higher risk for Covid-19, we encourage you to either remain in your car or to continue watching from home.
- If you do choose to participate by being outside in chairs, you need to wear a mask. This is part of our desire to follow guidelines, but also love one another by caring well for each person’s safety and health. If you don’t have a mask, the parking lot attendants can provide one for you.
- We will follow the established six-foot social distancing guidelines (except for members of the same household). This means there won’t be handshakes or fist bumps, and we’ll all need to stay separated.
- There will be one set of restrooms open, we will only be able to have one person (or parent and a child) enter at a time.
- If you are sick, don’t feel well, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please do not come. This is part of loving one another and seeking the protection of all who come to our service.
- If you would like to bring your offering, we’ll have offering boxes available as you drive out of our exits at the end of service.
- If it rains, we will still have the drive-in worship, but not have the seating area for chairs—we will only cancel if there are thunderstorms or severe weather. If we were to cancel, we would inform you through One Call of Facebook.
Service Online: If you are unable to get out of your home or do not feel comfortable at this moment you can still watch the service online. Service will be posted every Sunday at 10am on our Facebook Page and our YouTube Channel. For as long as regulations allow, we will include a small worship team in addition to the time of preaching.
COMMUNITY GROUPS: Community Groups will continue through most of them doing a study online. Community Group members can minister to one another by regularly keeping in contact with one another.
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY: Weekly lessons are available to parents who wish to share them with their children. Email Chris Ellis for the password. Also if your child is in Awana and wishes to continue reciting their verses, this page will tell you how. Email Chris or Jenny for the password.
YOUTH MINISTRY: The student ministry will have a live-stream from Pastor Casey each Wednesday at 7:00 PM, and community groups will remain in contact.
CENTER FOR BIBLICAL COUNSELING: The Center for Biblical Counseling remains available for phone counseling. Please call 816-279-1112 for counseling needs. If you leave a message, it will be returned by our counselor.
NEED HELP? CONTACT US: If you need help, please contact the church office (816-233-2824, 10 am- 3 pm), send us a Facebook message, or us send an email.
MINISTER TO THOSE AROUND YOU: Look for others who need help. Contact those who are most vulnerable to this virus to check on them. Reach out to those in your community group. Look for neighbors who might need help. This is a time for us rise up and minister to those in need as best we can. If you’d be available to help with those who might have needs like getting groceries, please send a message to the office.
TO CONTINUE GIVING: The ministries and operations of FBBC don’t cease when we are not able to meet together, so it is critical that you continue giving. If you have not signed up for e-giving, now is the time to do so. Click here and then click on the orange button that says “Give to FBBC.” It will guide you through a simple process of how to set up online giving. If you need additional help, watch the video below. If you choose not to give online, you can still do so by sending a check in the mail to 5502 Frederick Boulevard, St Joseph, MO 64507.
Church, I love you dearly. We live in times that are uncertain in our eyes, but they are not uncertain in God’s eyes. He knows every moment, and He remains sovereign over everything. For this reason, we can press on with great confidence in every moment—not living in fear, but walking by faith. Yes, we follow the health guidelines that are given us (which is good and right), but our hope is never in our health or what we can control—our hope is in the Lord.