Here's a brief outline of how ministry is continuing at FBBC. (updated 10/21)
SUNDAY WORSHIP: We look forward to seeing you this Sunday at 8:15am or 10:45am! Parents, there is limited childcare and classes for children and youth. See CHILDCARE section below.
Watching Online: Although we are now having worship services inside each Sunday, many are not yet comfortable to be back in a crowd, and for that reason we’ve been providing a way for you to watch the service online. We want to make sure that you are able to watch each Sunday if you’re not able to be with us.
Facebook: You can watch the live stream of the 8:15am service on Facebook. You can watch the recording anytime after 10am each Sunday.
Watch by YouTube: The recording of each Sunday Service will be available by 2pm that Sunday on our YouTube channel.
If you would like to watch the Facebook video on your TV, there are several ways to do that:
- Connect a laptop to your TV with an HDMI cord. What you see on your laptop will be what you see on your TV.
- Use a streaming device. There are several devices that have a Facebook app that you can use to watch the video on your TV: Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, many newer Samsung TV’s. For most of these streaming devices, you’ll need to download the Facebook Watch TV app.
- Connect your phone or iPad to your TV. There are fairly inexpensive devices you can use to connect your phone to your TV, such as this one for the iPhone: https://amzn.to/3iIhdeT.
If you or someone you know cannot watch online but would like a DVD of the service, we can provide that for you as well. Please let us know if someone would like to receive a weekly DVD.
CHILDCARE, CHILDREN'S MINISTRY, AND YOUTH MINISTRY: We offer limited childcare and classes for children and youth.
- During the 8:15am Worship Service: There are no children's classes or child care provisions during the 8:15am service. However, we have a “parent room” set up in the atrium with a TV that streams worship from the auditorium where you can watch the service with your young children.
- Between Services, 9:40am-10:30am: Nursery is available for children birth through age 3 in the nursery area. Children's classes for ages 4 through 2nd grade will be in the Preschool Area and parents are required to pick them up after class. Third and 4th graders will also meet in the Preschool Area, but will be dismissed after class to find their parents. Grades 5 and 6 will have class in main building classrooms and will also be dismissed after class. (Click here for specific room assignments.) All Youth (grades 7-12) will be meeting in the gym.
- During the 10:45am Worship Service: Nursery is available for children birth through age 3 in the nursery area. A Kids Worship option is available for ages 4 through 1st grade during the sermon portion of the 10:45am Worship Service only. These children will attend the adult Worship Service with their families until dismissed before the sermon, and will be brought back into the Worship Center at the end of the service to rejoin their parents.
COMMUNITY GROUPS: Community Groups are on campus between Worship Services (9:40-10:30am.) Click here for specific room assignments.
WEDNESDAY EVENING YOUTH MINISTRY: Right now, the youth are meeting at the gym every Wednesday from 6:30-7:30pm.
CENTER FOR BIBLICAL COUNSELING: Please call 816-279-1112 for counseling needs. If you leave a message, it will be returned by our counselor.
TO CONTINUE GIVING: The ministries and operations of FBBC don’t cease when we are not able to meet together, so it is critical that you continue giving. If you have not signed up for e-giving, now is the time to do so. Click here and then click on the orange button that says “Give to FBBC.” It will guide you through a simple process of how to set up online giving. If you need additional help, watch the video below. If you choose not to give online, you can still do so by sending a check in the mail to 5502 Frederick Boulevard, St Joseph, MO 64507.
Church, I love you dearly. We live in times that are uncertain in our eyes, but they are not uncertain in God’s eyes. He knows every moment, and He remains sovereign over everything. For this reason, we can press on with great confidence in every moment—not living in fear, but walking by faith. Yes, we follow the health guidelines that are given us (which is good and right), but our hope is never in our health or what we can control—our hope is in the Lord.